- Tijirit offers tremendous potential for gold mineralization outside of the known prospects.
- Detailed study of the Landsat imagery indicates that the Eleonore Zone is situated on a major structural corridor trending N to NE, which extends over a potential combined strike extension of more than 20 km.
- In addition, two new zones have been identified recently by a regional chip sample survey:
- Granite Contact Zone at the contact of a syn-tectonic granitoid and mafic volcanic rocks, less than 5 km NE of Eleonore
- Southern Zone is a potential two-kilometer-long vein system, about seven kilometers south of the currently defined Eleonore mineralization
- Significant gold-bearing quartz veins have been uncovered by mapping up to 20 km North of Eleonore.
Potential Prospectivity Score
- Prospectivity will help targeting area that have been sparsely explored. Thus, an area in the southern part of Tijirit display very high prospectivity scores for Eleanore-type gold mineralization and academic type score.